Avoid Registering As A Sex Offender
Few legal consequences can alter a life more than inclusion on the sex offender registry. The effects are well known:
- The need to register, sometimes with more than one agency
- The need to reregister when you move
- Difficulty in finding employment and housing
- The stigma that always accompanies listing with the registry
The best way to avoid being listed on the Michigan sex offender registry is to contact an attorney. By contacting a lawyer, you can quickly learn:
- Whether you would perhaps qualify for a diversion program
- Whether you could avoid the registry by participating in counseling and/or treatment
How We Can Help Protect Your Rights
If you face a sex crime charge and have questions regarding Michigan’s sex offender registry, contact the Michigan sex offender registry attorneys of Marrs & Terry, PLLC. Not all sex crimes will qualify for a diversion program, and, if you take a plea, you may still end up listed. We can help.
At Marrs & Terry, PLLC, we take the time to counsel our clients while focusing both on their short- and long-term needs. We receive many client referrals and, with over a decade of criminal law experience, have achieved positive outcomes for numerous clients facing criminal charges.